What You Need To Do In A Nutshell
- Understand why you want to purchase a home. Example: To build equity? And/or you no longer want to rent? Etc.
- Make a list of “must haves” and a list of “would like to haves”. Example: Must have a view. Would like to have a dishwasher
- Obtain pre-approval on your mortgage so you know what to look for. This will also show the sellers that you are a serious buyer. We have several reputable Mortgage Specialists who can help you acquire some of the best rates.
- Phone us first on any real estate ads, signs or properties on the internet that interest you and we will uncover further information.
- Should you attend an open house in our absence, please notify the listing Realtor that you are working with us. Do not give them your name and number.
- Take notes on the homes you visit. After viewing only a few homes they can all blur together. A quick list of likes/dislikes helps us narrow it down.
- Review the sample Contract of Purchase and Sale. It is a good idea to read the contract so that you can feel comfortable with it and clarify any questions you may have.
- Wait until after viewing to give me feedback. Comments made in front of the Seller or the Seller’s Realtor may come back to haunt us during negotiation.
- No house is perfect. As you learn, you will find that you probably won’t be able to satisfy 100% of your wants/needs list, so look at the pros/cons and weigh them.
- Help me with the negotiations. Once we’ve written an offer your availability can be important, so stay in touch and don’t reveal details of our offer to anyone until it is accepted and subject free.
- Access after acceptance. Keep in mind that the Seller is not required to allow you back to see the home once we have an accepted offer until the possession date.
- An open relationship communicating your situation, your needs and what you like and don’t like is very important in enabling us to best help you.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.