From Contract Date to Your Moving Date
Below is an outline of what you should expect from the contract date to your move date:
1. Satisfy outstanding subject clauses:
- Strata By-laws and Financials
- Building inspections
2. Choose a Lawyer/Notary:
- Advise me of their name and contact information so that I can arrange for all documentation to be forwarded
- Advise your Mortgage Specialist of their name and contact information so that they may forward mortgage instructions
3. Make arrangements for moving:
- Give notice to landlord if renting
- Arrange insurance coverage for new property
- Arrange movers
- Arrange for transfers of utilities – hydro, gas, cable, etc.
4. Change your address:
- Start to make a list of people and companies to notify with every piece of mail you receive
- It’s a good idea to have the post office forward your mail for a few months to catch the ones you forget
5. Meeting your Lawyer/Notary:
- Plan to meet them a day or two before the Completion Date to review and sign all closing documents.
- It’s a good idea to check the amount of money you are required to pay that day before going in.
6. Getting keys:
- Once the sale has been registered and the money has changed hands on Completion Day, I will arrange the keys for you. We will coordinate this according to your moving plans.