From Contract Date to Your Moving Date

Below is an outline of what you should expect from the contract date to your move date:

1. Satisfy outstanding subject clauses:

  • Financing
  • Strata By-laws and Financials
  • Building inspections
  • Etc.

2. Choose a Lawyer/Notary:

  • Advise me of their name and contact information so that I can arrange for all documentation to be forwarded
  • Advise your Mortgage Specialist of their name and contact information so that they may forward mortgage instructions

3. Make arrangements for moving:

  • Give notice to landlord if renting
  • Arrange insurance coverage for new property
  • Arrange movers
  • Arrange for transfers of utilities – hydro, gas, cable, etc.

4. Change your address:

  • Start to make a list of people and companies to notify with every piece of mail you receive
  • It’s a good idea to have the post office forward your mail for a few months to catch the ones you forget

5. Meeting your Lawyer/Notary:

  • Plan to meet them a day or two before the Completion Date to review and sign all closing documents.
  • It’s a good idea to check the amount of money you are required to pay that day before going in.

6. Getting keys:

  • Once the sale has been registered and the money has changed hands on Completion Day, I will arrange the keys for you. We will coordinate this according to your moving plans.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.